How much does it cost to remodel a kitchen?
Kitchen and baths are usually the most expensive rooms in a home because they are fully finished and material intensive: full of countertops, appliances, cabinets and tile. In addition, in some cases they carry additional costs including plumbing, mechanical and electrical requirements.
According to the Remodeling’s 2018 Cost vs. Value Report, the national average cost for a minor, midrange remodel of a kitchen was $21,198. This does not include layout changes, or moving plumbing or electrical. Major, mid range kitchen renovation average costs came in at $63,829 and upscale kitchen renovations average cost was at $125,721.
The breakdown of kitchen remodeling cost is usually the following:
- Cabinets and Installation: 20 to 40 percent of budget
- Countertop and Installation: 10 to 30 percent of budget
- Flooring, Framing, Drywall, Paint: 10 to 20 percent
- Appliances: 10 to 20 percent
- Electrical Work: 10 percent
- Plumbing and Appliance Installation: 5 to 10 percent
- HVAC and duct work: less than 5 percent
- Plumbing Fixtures: less than 5 percent
Contact us for a free kitchen design consultation and estimate.